When we talk about ‘personal data’ we mean any data which can be used to personally identify you, such as your name, office address, telephone number or email address.
Who are ‘we’?
When we refer to ‘we’ (or ‘our’ or ‘us’), that means Evolution Capital Limited (company number 7146862), our registered office is 272 London Road, Wallington, Surrey. SM6 7DJ. Full details on how to get in touch with us can be found on the ‘contact us’ page of our website.
We are a leading mid-market corporate finance boutique exclusively serving the Technology, Media and Telecommunications sectors, operating in the UK and internationally. We advise management teams, shareholders and private equity, privately owned and public listed businesses on M&A transactions and capital raisings.
Our advice is focused on helping entrepreneurs, business leaders and shareholders evolve their businesses by developing a combination of qualities that allow those organisations to thrive in rapidly changing environments, achieve and realise maximum shareholder value.
For European Union data protection purposes, we act as a controller in relation to your personal data. To find out more about our services visit the ‘services’ page of our website.
How we collect your data
When you use our services or website we collect your personal data, how we do so can generally be broken down in the following ways:
Data you provide: When you use our services or website we may ask you to provide certain personal data to us, such as when you register for an event or connect with us on social media. You don’t have to provide us with this data should you not wish to, however it may prevent you from using that particular service or part of our website.
Data we collect automatically: We use web services such as Google Analytics on our website which automatically collects information about you when you visit, such as your IP address, device type and operating system. It also provides data on your journey through our website including the pages you have visited and what links you clicked on. We record this information in order to better understand your experience on our website so we can improve it for future visits and provide you with a more personalised experience.
Some of this information is collected using cookies and similar tracking technologies such as Google Analytics. You consent to our cookies if you continue to use our website.
Data we gather from third party sources: sometimes we may collect personal data about you from other sources, such as publicly available sites or trusted market research partners. We use the additional data gathered to help validate our existing information and provide a better more personalised service.
Where we collect personal data, we’ll only process it:
- to fulfil a contract with you, or
- where we have legitimate interests to process the personal data and they’re not;
overridden by your rights;
- in accordance with a legal obligation;
- where we have your consent.
If we don’t collect your personal data, we may be unable to provide you with all our services, and some functions and features on our websites may not be available to you.
How we use your data
Primarily we use your personal data to provide you with any services you have requested and to assist in managing our relationship with you. We also may use your personal data for other reasons which are outlined below:
To communicate with you.This may include:
- providing you with information you’ve requested from us or information we are required to send to you because of a contract for example;
- operational communications, like changes to our websites and services, security updates, or assistance with using our websites and services;
- email marketing communications subject to your email preferences which can be edited at any time via a link on such communications;
- asking you for feedback or to take part in any research we are conducting and we may use a third party service to assist us with this.
To market to you: In addition to sending you marketing communications as outlined above, we may also use your personal data to display targeted online advertising to you, either through our own website or through a third party platform such as Google Adwords.
To enhance our websites: For example using services such as Google Analytics to collect tracking information from our website which can be used to help improve our visitor’s experience.
To analyse and report: We may use the personal data you and others provide to create reports which are then distributed to third parties either after being anonymised or after consent is given.
How we can share your data
There will be times when we need to share your personal data with third parties. We will only disclose your personal data to:
- other companies in the Evolution Capital group;
- third party service providers and partners who assist and enable us to use the personal data to, for example, support delivery of or provide functionality on the website or services, or to market or promote our goods and services to you;
- regulators, law enforcement bodies, government agencies, courts or other third parties where we think it’s necessary to comply with applicable laws or regulations, or to exercise, establish or defend our legal rights. Where possible and appropriate, we will notify you of this type of disclosure;
- other parties where we have your consent.
We take the security of your personal data very seriously and we are committed to protecting it, as a result we have several processes and technical measures in place to ensure that it happens.
International Data Transfers
When we share or store your data it may be transferred to and processed in counties outside of your country of residence. When we do so we ensure we are using responsible providers who have relevant processes and technical expertise in place to protect it.
The length of time we keep your personal data depends on what it is and whether we have an ongoing business need to retain it (for example, to provide you with a service you’ve requested or to comply with applicable legal, tax or accounting requirements).
How long we retain your personal data depends and what it is and if we have an ongoing business need to keep it, such as an existing contact with you or a legitimate business interest.
We’ll retain your personal data for as long as we have a relationship with you and for a period of time afterwards where we have an ongoing business need to retain it.
The data we hold about you, is your data and you have several rights relating to it. In relation specifically to marketing communications you have the right to unsubscribe at any time. Just click on the unsubscribe link which will be included within the marketing communication, or you can send your request to the team directly at email@example.com
You also have rights to:
- know what personal data we hold about you, and to make sure it’s correct and up to date;
- request a copy of your personal data, or ask us to restrict processing your personal data or delete it (the right to be forgotten);
- object to our continued processing of your personal data.
You can exercise these rights at any time by sending an email to firstname.lastname@example.org
If you are not happy with how we are processing your personal data, please do get in touch to let us know by emailing email@example.com. We will endeavor to investigate your complaint and come back to you as soon as possible.
If you exercise your right to be forgotten, your personal data will be removed from our systems within a reasonable time period, with a record being made of its deletion for auditing purposes.
How to contact us
We always welcome comments or feedback, if you would like to get in touch to find out more about how we process your data or learn about our team and services feel free to email us at firstname.lastname@example.org or call on 020 3696 2810.